P & C Association
What is a P&C?
A P&C Association is a school-based organisation with membership open to parents, teachers, students and interested citizens.
What does the P&C do?
• Promotes the interest of the school by bringing parents, citizens, students and teaching staff into close co-operation.
• Assists in providing facilities and equipment for the school and promoting the welfare of the students at the school.
• Encourages parent participation in extra-curricula activities and other educational events in schools.
The Newport Public School P&C is responsible for the following services within the school:
- Uniform Shop
- most fundraising efforts (e.g. Fete, 'a-thon', etc.)
These services, in addition to the voluntary contributions paid with your school fees, then support the P&C to provide the following to the school community:
- significant funding for additional teaching resources
- purchasing of teaching aids such as 'Smart-boards'
- additions and improvements to the school facilities
- additions and improvements to the school sporting facilities
- participation in school decision making processes
- promoting social gatherings
- and supporting the needs of parents and carers
All of these activities are only possible with the continued support of parents and community members.
Newport Public School P&C meetings are typically held on the Tuesday of the 3rd and 8th weeks of each term at 7.00pm throughout the school year. Any change to this will be communicated via the school newsletter - The Natter!
All parents are welcome to attend.
These meetings provide a forum for parents to discuss the school's operation with the school's Principal. Other School executive members and teachers often attend and provide an opportunity to meet in an informal, friendly atmosphere.
The Executive of the P&C for 2016 is:
President: Shani Law
Treasurer: Kerri Paul
Fundraising Co-ordi nator: Kylie Ryan
Canteen Manager: Tammy Carter
Uniform Shop: Keiva Baker