Newport Public School Canteen
Volunteers are always sought-after to help in the canteen. Contact details are available via the school newsletter - The Natter!
The current menu is available here: Canteen Menu 2016 (pdf 186 KB)
The purpose of the canteen is three-fold:
- To provide a healthy and appealing recess and lunch service to the students and faculty of the school.
- To complement classroom programs and learning and educational experiences.
- Function as a business and as a fundraiser for the P&C.
Health and Nutritional Objectives
- Provide a selection of food in accordance with the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy.
- Set an example of healthy and practical food choices consistent with the students classroom learning and experiences.
- Offer as many fresh choices as can be managed by the available volunteers.
- To serve as a fundraising activity for the P&C in order to contribute towards resources for all students.
- To function as an efficient business enterprise.
To complement classroom learning and experiences as relevant to:
- Food and Nutrition e.g. what are healthy foods and what effect food has on the body.
- Environment e.g. the impact of packaging on the environment.
- Cultural e.g. social and cultural aspects of foods from different cultures.
- Physical/Societal e.g. growth in obesity and the importance of exercise.